If your VIM team is looking for volunteers, contact the VIM Coordinator, Michelle Schwartzman at email@example.com to add your project opportunity here.
Greene Hills Camp is in need of volunteers to help with a variety of work projects throughout the month of May. Rather than setting a specific volunteer work day, this year we’re encouraging individuals, families, and small groups to come help when they are available. Projects include spring cleaning at the summer camp and program areas, painting, staining, landscaping, trail maintenance, and cutting, splitting and stacking firewood.
If you would like schedule a time to come help, or if you have questions about any of the projects, please contact Charlie Renner at Greene Hills (814) 669-4212 or email greenehillscamp@susumc.
Greene Hills 5125 Manor Drive Alexandria, PA 16611
- Long Term Recovery efforts are being planned through the Fall of 2022 and volunteer teams that are interested in helping should register their interest at VOLUNTEER FORM.
- If you want to send supplies, contact them at SENDING SUPPLIES FORM
- Financial giving can be accomplished by clicking Donate to Disaster Response Fund or, mailing a check to Tennessee-Western Kentucky Conference, PO Box 440132, Nashville, TN 37244. (Please note Disaster Response in the memo line.)
- Currently, the Kentucky Annual Conference is only accepting teams that are ERT led, with a ratio of 1:1 (1 ERT trained* to 1 non-ERT).
- When long term recovery efforts begin, more information will be shared.
- Financial giving can be accomplished by mailing a check made out to Conference Treasurer to Kentucky Annual Conference, Attn: Treasurer, 7400 Floydsburg Road, Crestwood, KY 40014. (Please note KY Disaster Response #200902 in the memo line.)
*The Susquehanna Conference currently has three individuals ERT trained. ERT training courses (virtual) are being scheduled and dates will be published.
Join me in South central Mexico for a 10 day Work/Study Mission trip with “Give Ye Them To Eat” – a rural development mission of the Methodist Church of Mexico and the General Board of Global Ministries.
Teams from Central PA and Susquehanna Conference have been making a difference in the rural sector of Mexico for over 25 years. Working with GBGM missionaries, Nan McCurdy and her husband Miguel Mairena Aragon, we will experience the culture and the working lives of our
Mexican brothers and sisters. We visit the city of Puebla, then spend most of our time near the small town of Tlancualpican where the Tree of Life Training Center is located. Recent projects have included repairs, improvements and maintenance at the Tree of Life as well as the construction of houses (with mud and straw technology) for some in extreme poverty and/or who lost homes in the 2017 earthquake.
The areas we travel in are safe, the food is great, and the water is bottled. Staff in Mexico are fully vaccinated. Accommodations are comfortable with hotel in Puebla and dormitories at the training center, hot showers and Wi-Fi.
Dates: November 4-13, 2022
Cost: $1800 - $2000 depending on airfare (Get a group together and do some fundraising!)
Qualifications: Good health (high altitude, hot climate, lots of walking); open mind; ages 12-18 with a parent; 19- ??; no special skills needed
Contact Rev. Marian Hartman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 814-441-0235 for more information and an application.
United Methodist Action Reach-out Mission by Youth (U.M. ARMY) is a unique mission opportunity for youth, young adults, and adult mentors. We invite you to participate with other church groups and individuals to combine your skills, talents, and resources to do God’s work. We will spend the week working together in identified communities to meet home repair and maintenance needs for those unable to pay for or to physically do the work for themselves. We will worship, learn from one another, share fellowship, and build relationships with our neighbors in need of assistance as well as their communities.
Trucksville, PA July 10-16, 2022
Etters, PA July 17-23, 2022
For more information, to register or to explore other sites and dates go to:
The Neighborhood Center of the United Methodist Church has served a multi-ethnic uptown neighborhood, as well as the total Harrisburg community, since 1910 with educational, cultural, social service, basic needs, leadership, and recreational programs for children and their families.
The center also welcomes volunteer groups of all ages for various projects. Please contact QueTrina at qsims-shelton@
Phone volunteers are the first line of responders who lend an ear and record their needs. This vital work helps organize information that is provided to relief organizations and disaster teams, allowing them to reach the survivors and meet their needs much quicker.
Phone volunteering is a great COVID-safe way to do meaningful service and training will be provided. If you have a phone and a computer with internet access, you can participate in the important mission opportunity from the comfort of your home.
Contact Doug Hoy, Conference Disaster Response Coordinator, if you are interested in serving, call (717) 766-7441, extension 3402, or email - email@example.com include "Crisis Cleanup" in the subject line.
The center welcomes volunteer groups of all ages for various projects. Please contact QueTrina at qsims-shelton@
Mission Central (https://missioncentral.org/) is looking for mission volunteers to fill a variety of roles within the organization. Volunteer opportunities are flexible and accommodate almost all physical abilities. Volunteers can volunteer once a week, once a month, or at any interval they choose. There are opportunities in the warehouse and in the office, as well as internship opportunities. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717-766-1533 for more information.
Projects could include:
- Kit creation/verification
- Donation door management
- Donation pickups in the box truck
- Item sorting
- Resource packing/loading
- Outdoor clean-up
- Communications Intern (create content, conduct interviews, draft impact stories, assist with additional Mission Central communications initiatives)
- Marketing Coordinator (recruit, educate and retain volunteers, cultivate collaborations between corporations and Mission Central, create HUB reporting plan, assist with additional Mission Central marketing efforts)
- Program Intern (run varying programs related to outreach, outreach education and disaster recovery, create and facilitate new programs, cultivate collaborations between other nonprofits and Mission Central, track growth, opportunity and successes)
VIEW TEAM OPENINGS
This is the most up-to-date information VIM Inc has regarding current team openings and various mission opportunities, however we cannot guarantee that all opportunities are still available.
Please contact the team leader for the latest information.