If your VIM team is looking for volunteers, contact the VIM Coordinator, Michelle Schwartzman at email@example.com to add your project opportunity here.
GREAT NEWS!! U.M. ARMY is coming back to Trucksville, PA in 2023. We will be there the week of July 9th and we would love to have more churches from the Susquehanna Conference join us. Registration will be opening up on November 1st so please check out the U.M. ARMY Northeast website - Northeast | U.M. ARMY (umarmy.org) for more information. You can also contact Gina Grubbs at firstname.lastname@example.org or Darlene Thomas at email@example.com to discuss the possibility of your group joining us.
Our theme for next year is GOD @ WORK: TRANSFORMING. Won’t you join us and help us continue to transform the Trucksville community and the lives we touch?
- Long Term Recovery efforts are being planned through the Fall of 2022 and volunteer teams that are interested in helping should register their interest at VOLUNTEER FORM.
- If you want to send supplies, contact them at SENDING SUPPLIES FORM
- Financial giving can be accomplished by clicking Donate to Disaster Response Fund or, mailing a check to Tennessee-Western Kentucky Conference, PO Box 440132, Nashville, TN 37244. (Please note Disaster Response in the memo line.)
- Currently, the Kentucky Annual Conference is only accepting teams that are ERT led, with a ratio of 1:1 (1 ERT trained* to 1 non-ERT).
- When long term recovery efforts begin, more information will be shared.
- Financial giving can be accomplished by mailing a check made out to Conference Treasurer to Kentucky Annual Conference, Attn: Treasurer, 7400 Floydsburg Road, Crestwood, KY 40014. (Please note KY Disaster Response #200902 in the memo line.)
*The Susquehanna Conference currently has three individuals ERT trained. ERT training courses (virtual) are being scheduled and dates will be published.
The Neighborhood Center of the United Methodist Church has served a multi-ethnic uptown neighborhood, as well as the total Harrisburg community, since 1910 with educational, cultural, social service, basic needs, leadership, and recreational programs for children and their families.
The center also welcomes volunteer groups of all ages for various projects. Please contact QueTrina at qsims-shelton@
Phone volunteers are the first line of responders who lend an ear and record their needs. This vital work helps organize information that is provided to relief organizations and disaster teams, allowing them to reach the survivors and meet their needs much quicker.
Phone volunteering is a great COVID-safe way to do meaningful service and training will be provided. If you have a phone and a computer with internet access, you can participate in the important mission opportunity from the comfort of your home.
Contact Doug Hoy, Conference Disaster Response Coordinator, if you are interested in serving, call (717) 766-7441, extension 3402, or email - firstname.lastname@example.org include "Crisis Cleanup" in the subject line.
The center welcomes volunteer groups of all ages for various projects. Please contact QueTrina at qsims-shelton@
Mission Central (https://missioncentral.org/) is looking for mission volunteers to fill a variety of roles within the organization. Volunteer opportunities are flexible and accommodate almost all physical abilities. Volunteers can volunteer once a week, once a month, or at any interval they choose. There are opportunities in the warehouse and in the office, as well as internship opportunities. Please contact email@example.com or call 717-766-1533 for more information.
Projects could include:
- Kit creation/verification
- Donation door management
- Donation pickups in the box truck
- Item sorting
- Resource packing/loading
- Outdoor clean-up
- Communications Intern (create content, conduct interviews, draft impact stories, assist with additional Mission Central communications initiatives)
- Marketing Coordinator (recruit, educate and retain volunteers, cultivate collaborations between corporations and Mission Central, create HUB reporting plan, assist with additional Mission Central marketing efforts)
- Program Intern (run varying programs related to outreach, outreach education and disaster recovery, create and facilitate new programs, cultivate collaborations between other nonprofits and Mission Central, track growth, opportunity and successes)
VIEW TEAM OPENINGS
This is the most up-to-date information VIM Inc has regarding current team openings and various mission opportunities, however we cannot guarantee that all opportunities are still available.
Please contact the team leader for the latest information.